This episode we lose track of time, give updates on what we’ve been up to, and we pick our fave foods.
We mentioned our artist friend Bleenkies.
We announced our Instagram filters. You can find them on our Instagram profile page, look for the smiley face. Thanks to our artist friend @miaukenzie for testing and modeling them for us.
If you have an issue with an order from our Threadless shop, please send your order number and a photo of the product to the following email address for assistance: [email protected]
You can now play our new Giphy game, Boba Breaker! Have fun!
We talked about when we were asked to be part of a show being filmed for Netflix called Best. Worst. Weekend. Ever.
Here is the poster for the show from Netflix, as well as some photos we took while we were on set. You can even see us a little in the bottom screenshot from the final episode.
This week, we talked about life changes, biz changes, and trying to have fun through it all.
We mentioned playing the new Animal Crossing game, and how we are obsessed with the music. The main song we get stuck in our heads is called “Forest Life” and the melody has appeared in almost every game in the series. Here’s a version from Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
If you want to play with us on the Nintendo Switch, here are our friend codes:
We also reminisced about that one Madness song.
Also, if you’re not subscribed to the Bot Club newsletter you can do that here.
It’s your only way to find out about all the fun stuff ahead of time, plus, you get a 15% discount on anything on the Robo Roku website (excluding Threadless products)!
This week, we talked about working from home and doing your best to manage your new work day. Below you’ll find Renée’s list of fun and productive things you can do to stave off boredom and monotany.
We mentioned how the Pomodoro Technique can keep you on track.
We also suggested sending letters and gifts to friends and family! The USPS needs our help, so lets get some happy mail in circulation! At the very least, buy a book of stamps.
THINGS YOU CAN DO WHILE SHELTERING IN PLACE
1. Sort & purge your closets – make bags for donating.
2. Dust ceiling fans, vents, walls, and everything else.
3. Wipe down ceiling fans, vents, cabinets, everything else.
4. Sort & purge apps and photos on your phone.
5. Sort & purge files on your computer.
6. Clean & organize your pantry.
7. Clean & organize your refrigerator/freezer.
8. Clean & organize your bathrooms.
9. Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum your whole home.
10. Work in your yard. No yard? Try a new home workout.
“FUN STUFF” TO DO WHILE SHELTERING IN PLACE
1. Learn a new language.
2. Try out new podcasts.
3. Read more books (or listen to audiobooks).
4. Learn new skills – try Skillshare*.
5. Write and send snail mail.
6. Journal everyday for you to look back on or share with your kids.
7. Play Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
8. Binge TV: Succession (HBO), The Good Fight (CBS All Access), Avenue 5 (HBO), Parks & Rec (Netflix), Silicon Valley (HBO), Mythic Quest (Apple TV+), The Morning Show (Apple TV+), Next in Fashion (Netflix).
9. Shop online – support indie artists.
10. Stream (or buy!) music (focus on local bands) to help boost musicians’ income.
*denotes affiliate link
We hope you enjoy the introductory episode of the Robo Roku Podcast relaunch. In this episode we introduce ourselves and give you a little Robo Roku history.
This is our first mini-episode, and a warm-up for things to come. We hope you’ll join us as we grow into this new podcast.